EMMA'S CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM
This cake is an absolute favourite of mine to make! The method to make the cake is so simple and miraculously just uses one dish – a saucepan! The cake is rich, moist, yet light and most importantly – so delicious! The cake serves as a great base for so many different fillings. The raspberry buttercream and the ladygrey ganache is just one combination – get adventurous and try your own combinations!
- Remove cakes from the tins and trim off the tops if required (I recommend trimming the bottom cake at least – this will give a much more even cake).
- Smear the ganache over the centre of the bottom cake, making sure not to take the ganache to the edges as the weight of the top cake will finish of the spreading process.
- Gently put the top cake on the bottom cake (make sure you remember to take off the baking paper).
- Using a palette knife, smear a good amount of buttercream on the top of the cake, and using gravity, gradually smear the butter cream around the cake working from top to bottom.
- Scrape the sides of the cake to expose the sides of the cake in places.
- Decorate with a generous handful or raspberries, scattered rose petals and roses, and finish off with a dusting of icing sugar!
So yummy – everyone loves this cake!